Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Unhinged!

I'm trying to complete my latest home renovation project without going crazy - painting my kitchen cabinets. There were plenty of good reasons to do this. (I keep reminding myself of them.) I started on Saturday March 21st with prep work. I had Monday and Tuesday free of little girls tanks to my mom,Diana, and Ethan. I worked two 15 hour days, got sick on Wednesday and kept working. After a couple days at my mom's house with family that helped me recuperate, Ethan and I began putting doors back on. I have not given all of the monotonous and frustrating moments of this process - you've been spared where I wasn't. What straw broke this camel's back? Eight of the hinges are missing! How? Where? When? One working theory is that someone who walks their dog in my neighborhood between 5:oo p.m. and 6:30 p.m. collects hinges and couldn't resist taking some from my driveway where the new paint on them was drying! I'm seriously beginning to doubt they are still on my property. If it was one, I wouldn't have been that surprised, but eight? Looks like I'll be buying more hinges. I'll post pictures when it's done. But don't hold your breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background